WHO WE ARE:
As a CHRISTIAN Church, instituted in 1969:
- We believe that the entire Bible is the authoritative and inspired Word of God.
- We hold to the historic Creeds shared by all Christian Churches, (the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed), the Reformed Confessions, (the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession and the Canons of Dordt) and the Westminster Confession as an accurate summary of the teachings of God’s Word.
- The Church is governed by the Church Council, comprising Minister(s), Elders and Deacons.
As a REFORMED Church:
- We come under the Christian Reformed Churches of Australia, a denomination established in the early 1950’s which is continually ‘reforming to reach the lost for Christ’.
- We identify ourselves with the Protestant Reformation – a movement in the 1500-1600s which called people to return to the Bible’s teaching that:
✓ Scripture alone is the final authority by which live. (2 Tim 3:14-17)
✓ Christ alone is the one true Saviour who saves us from our sins. (Acts 4:10-12)
✓ Salvation is a gift of grace alone and is not earned. (Ephesians 2:8)
✓ We are saved by faith alone and not by our works. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
✓ Our salvation and all we do in response, is for the glory of God alone. (Romans 11:36; 1 Corinthians 10:31)
As a CHURCH:
- We believe that we belong to Christ, as members of His Body.
- We believe that Christ is our King, the Head and Saviour of His church.
- We believe that Christ has called us to be His People, living out our faith in His Church and in His Kingdom.